Permissions Youtube

Hi, I really like better twitch tv for twitch, sorry if the abbreviation stands for something else. I had to remove the addon when it started to request permissions for other Website like Youtube, as I am currently not interested in using it anywhere else but twitch.
Is there a twitch specific version of bttv or, now that I would have to reinstall it to use it, a way to install it without giving it any other permissions?

1 Like

You can customize the BetterTTV’s site access using the browsers extensions setting. If your on Chrome you can visit chrome://extensions/.

Unchecking automatically allow will remove YouTube.

Thank you! I found where do deactivate it. Though I didn’t have to, as the first things after reinstalling was that popup tab of BTTV asking for permission, lacking the opt out button. So I just closed the tab and it is not in my list of sites allowed.

1 Like

Okay, but how do you add permissions if you said no the first time?

Clicking “Automatically allow access” should restore access. If it doesn’t the extension will reprompt users on a extension reinstall.

Okay, but where do I do that?

Hey @Insayno_YouTube!

Go to your extensions, click on BetterTTV, and from there you can manage the Site access.

Then I suggest doing what Aaron suggested: reinstalling the extension.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.