My account seems to have been banned

I’ve been using BTTV for a while now, and uploaded a few emotes for use in my discord server. Suddenly, I’m unable to connect my twitch account to BTTV. Whenever I try to connect my twitch account via the BTTV homepage, it loads for a second and brings me back to the homepage without logging me in. Whenever this happens the URL changes to https://manage.betterttv.net/?banned=true&banned_reason=multi-account%20usage. I’m not sure why my account has been banned because I’ve only been using it to put emotes on my discord server. Please help me fix this.

I got banned too. Some of your admins in the server probably tried to link it with their BTTV account to add more emotes. (or maybe you have multiple accounts… But I don’t think you do or you wouldn’t be surprised this happened) Apparently that isn’t allowed so yeah.

I think that might’ve happened but I’m not sure. I am sure that I don’t have multiple accounts though. Is there any way to reverse this?

Same here, but I have only one account and there is no one else, who could have tried to connect to it. I started using the BTTV Discord plugin a few days ago though, might that have caused the ban? Tried to get some live support, but nobody is responding to my messages.
Help would be appreciated.

Edit: Just read that people got banned for linking their Discord to multiple bttv accounts, but then again, I have only one bttv account that was linked/created with my Twitch profile.
Yet I have a ban. I don’t get it.
The only issue I had recently is that my Discord restarted itself or tried to reconnect all the time since I installed the plugin a few days ago. Might that be related to the issue?

Edit2: So if it’s true that people on the same server are able to link multiple BTTV accounts with Discord then it’s just a very bad extension design. Could have set a limit that allows only one linked account per server.
I’m partnered with both, Twitch and Discord and I have only one BTTV account and I can’t control what let’s say my admins or mods, do behind my back. You basically ban the server owners from BTTV and not the other person that linked another BTTV account on that Discord server. I didn’t even know that was possible until that ban happened. If I would have known, that the extension causes that kind of trouble, I would have never used it.
You basically even fuck those people over, who didn’t know about all this and did nothing wrong.

I was banned as well. I really hope this can be fixed and soon :confused:

Yeah same happened to me.

same, is there a way to appeal?

Same here.
I might have used a separate account to link it to a Discord server, but then never used it.
The account has no emotes on it and never had, and probably because it got banned it will never have.

I don’t belive so but i hope this gets fixed soon xD

The Terms of Service for BetterTTV can be located at BetterTTV

Under section 3 it states the following:

You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.

Multiple accounts being used to upload more emotes is exploiting of the service, and is not behavior we tolerate. If you have an explanation for why you tried linking multiple accounts and are requesting an unban, email us directly through our contact form (select “to resolve an account issue” as the reason).