How to retrieve Destiny stats through Nightbot

Thanks for noticing, destinytracker changed their format, everything should be working again.

1 Like

I appreciate all the people who share the command but apparantly there is an imposter of me on Twitch, my twitch username is Xgerhard and twitter Gerhardoh. Iā€™m working on this project by myself, so if other people claiming to be working with me, please let me know.

Currently working on a way to change the default console for Playstation streamers.

If you have any questions or feedback just let me know.

1 Like

You can choose your own default console now.

Please check the start post for the last update.

1 Like

These commands only work with Nightbot?

1 Like

No, take a look here: Installation guide for all bots.

1 Like

Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I need help with the command. I change the GT and make sure the console is on xbox. But I get this message when I try to use it. Such as !destiny lvlā€“That returns ā€œCanā€™t find embeddedmeteorundefined in the destiny database.ā€

1 Like

Got it working. All cool.

1 Like

Good to hear, if you have questions just let me know.

1 Like

Hey, I added this as a command to my Nighbot but was wondering if the list of actions could be shortened since only a few actions seem to be used and it sometimes creates a huge wall of avaible actionsā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for using the command. Yes Iā€™m still doubting what to do with the list of actions, there are way more actions then shown. Iā€™m thinking about making the default ā€œ!destinyā€ response just a short text with explanation of the command, then I will add a ā€œ!destiny pveā€ and ā€œ!destiny pvpā€ for available actions, plus ā€œ!destiny pvp controlā€ for specific actions for some playlists.
Let me know what you think about that.

1 Like

I think ā€œ!Destiny pveā€ and ā€œ!Destiny pvpā€ would be very efficient hence most people just donā€™t know how to use the command rather than know the action, that would make new viewers less confused when someone uses the command I feel like! Love the idea!
Side note opinion: I donā€™t think people on Twitch are very interested in knowing their specific rank in a PvP playlist, I feel like theyā€™re more interested in flat stats like: time played, total kills, most kills, kd, etc. but thatā€™s just from what Iā€™ve noticed.

Love the command btw, keep it up!

1 Like

Yes I agree, for new people its confusing, the only thing they see is ā€œ!destinyā€, and no info how to use it. Iā€™ll change this later today.
About the ranks, I think thats really a personal choice, but I can add an option for the streamer to hide the ranks. However you have to edit the command if I add that. I have some other things on my to do list, but I think Iā€™ll have that option added this weekend.
Thanks for the input!

1 Like

Hey, was busy with stuff and couldnā€™t really test it out too much but used the command again yesterday.
It sure feels less complicated but yet feel the normal !destiny command without actions feels too longā€¦
Is it possible to shorten it? I was thinking of
"Type !destiny <gt/psn> <xbox/ps> to check your stats. Type !destiny pve/pvp for actionlist." or something like that.
Also, another thing with the pvp actionlist, could it be a thing that it only shows the pvp actions and at the end it just says ā€œType !destiny playlist for playlist statsā€ just to shorten the !destiny pvp actionlist?

I donā€™t wanna make it sound like itā€™s bad now but itā€™s pretty annoying for streamers to see a huge block of text appear and miss a comment. Viewers sure like this command though!
But I had to delete it in several channels because they thought it was just too large of a text appearing if someone used the !destiny or !destiny pvp.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the feedback and testing out the new format. I really donā€™t know what to do with the default destiny command. It is way shorter than it was, but its still not short. The amount of wrong usages is still high, so I feel like there should be an a small guide + example in the default command.
For the PvP part, I understand its a long message, but keep in mind if people want to see a specific playlist they have to enter ā€œ!destinyā€ then ā€œ!destiny pvpā€™ā€ and then for example ā€œ!destiny rumbleā€, so thats 3 commands and the user still has no stats. Plus if you use Nightbot the command has ~20 sec cooldown for ā€˜normalā€™ viewers, so if a user needs to enter 4 commands to show the stats he wantsā€¦ almost impossible.
I understand itā€™s a wall of text, but I personally havenā€™t heard a streamer complain about it yet.
So letā€™s talk about what I can change, if people want different responses from the server, I could add a webbased settings page per stream, where can you enter default texts and maybe some other settings, However this is not a small adjustment so I canā€™t really give an ETA for this. But let me know what you think.

1 Like

I think that would be amazing!
How would the entering of your own command responses work though?
Just wondering, because Iā€™m not the smartest with costum APIs and such lol.

I like the idea though, if that could be a thing in the futute, I feel like way more channels would add it just so the responses could match a channelsā€™ usual feel to them I guess.

1 Like

Generally for an API it will give you a very basic text. And with that text you can customize around it to make it yours. However, unless specified, there isnā€™t much change to the basic text that an api gives. There are exceptions of course.

1 Like

Glad you like the idea. How its going to work? Since the channelname is in the command I can see from which channels the requests are coming, so based on the channelname I could Load settings from my database. So I can choose to display default responses or custom responses. I need to think about it for a bit, but most likely I Will make a twitch login button for the streamer to make sure its really the streamer. Then they can setup an account and fill in their settings.

There are some other cool things that hopefully are going to change, but I cant really talk about that yet, but they have a bit priority. So yeah I really dont know when this settings page Will go live. But I Will keep you all posted here.

I saw we just hit 40k commands, thank you all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds great to me!

Iā€™ll check here regularly to see on updates on the command too. :smile:

1 Like

Hey xgerhard

Just wondering how the progress for the command is going? :smile:

1 Like