How to recommend a user's channel

Hi! I have NO CLUE how to do commands. It’s hard for me to understand the instructions on nightbot.
I’d like to give a “!follow” command (ie: !follow @TheFunkHunters) so that I can give a message to my chat to link to someone’s channel and follow them. (Like a shoutout with a link to support friends on Twitch).

I tried using “!follow (userid)” because I thought that would be it, but it’s not. I really don’t know what I’m doing. Can someone help? Thank you!

Hey @jamlaw!

Please use the search bar before opening a new topic, and consider reading the documentation, it’s a good start to learn how to use Nightbot:

I still don’t get this? Can it be broken down simply and individually as an example? I’d like to edit my message, do I just copy paste this in chat?

Hey @pineappleexpr3so!

We can hardly break it down further… Yes, you just need to copy/paste the code in your chat, and press enter to add the command if you’re a mod+ and that !commands is enabled. You can change the text as you like, but use the documentation for the variables, they must remain inside double brackets.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.