[CustomAPI] Quote system

Hey! I am using StreamElements for this amazing quotes system.

I am having only 1 issue with it. I can get the general code to work for addquote/delquote and for quote to show a random quote in the list. But I cannot workout for the life of me how to do !quote 75 and it tell me quote 75. I have tried numerous things from other comments here, but not any of them worked. Wondered if you have any information?

Thanks, Kimmy

1 Like

Hey @theartofkimmy!

Sorry, but we only offer support on NightDev products on these forums, I suggest looking in the documentation of StreamElements for a replacement of the $(querystring) variable to replace the end of your !quote command, hereā€™s the one that works with Nightbot:

$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/quote?token=PUBLIC_TOKEN&data=$(querystring))
2 Likes

It seems like StreamElements chatbot already has a quote system, Iā€™m curious why not try that instead?
https://support.streamelements.com/en/articles/29-chat-bot-overview-and-guide

Or maybe you are? Because I donā€™t really see anything in their documentation about custom apis.

1 Like

Just gave your Requests setup a try, and I canā€™t for the life of me figure out why the ā€œ_pickā€ command doesnā€™t seem to work after invoking ā€œpickā€ to select a quote/request to consider. Itā€™s supposed to delete the displayed line when through, right?

1 Like

Hey @uninventive!

Have you made sure that _pick is the alias of !pick?

2 Likes

Where can I find a list of the quotes that have been pulled by my mods?

1 Like

Hey @a_filthy_casual_play!

If you added the command with the automatic installation, then just type !quote list in your chat and click on the link.
Itā€™s specified in the usage section, please read the guide before asking a question.

1 Like

I LOVE the tool and was trying to create a pretty html file to show in OBS to the display on the streamā€¦ I got it working for like two seconds and i think i triggered a security setting when i was debuggingā€¦ it says access forbidden and thatā€™s all i get now. is there a security setting that i may have tripped?

2 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s protection against people abusing the system. How often was your html script querying for new entries?

1 Like

Hey,

Iā€™m tried to use the quote system, but Iā€™m having problems with the !addquote
and !delquote commands. !quote works and responding fine, but the mentioned ones are not responding at all and my quotes are not getting saved.
Iā€™m the owner of the channel where Iā€™m trying to use it and I used auto install.
Here are my commands:

!quote

$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/quote?token=8648f218&data=$(querystring))

!addquote

$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/addquote?token=[TOKEN]&data=$(querystring))

!delquote
$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/delquote?token=[TOKEN]&data=$(querystring))

Thanks for the help,
Pitypangharcos

1 Like

Hey @pitypangharcos!

Iā€™ve been thinking about your issue for the last couple days, and I only see one thing that could be the issue.

1. Make sure the PRIVATE_TOKENS are 16 characters long, although they should be as you used the auto-install.
  2. Make sure you have the proper userlevel to use the commands:
    ā€¢ You want to keep the !delquote command to a userlevel of moderator at minimum.
    ā€¢ And if you want regular subscribers to be able to add a quote, then set up !addquoteā€˜s userlevel to subscriber.
    ā†’ you can see commandsā€™ respective userlevels on the dashboard.

Iā€™d suggest re-installing the commands again if that wasnā€™t the issue.

1 Like

Hey! Iā€™ve been using this for a few years now and recently saw there was the 2000 quote limit, Iā€™m approaching the 1000 quote mark and wanted to know if I could future proof having any problems by having that limit increased!
Appreciate the amazing system by the way!

1 Like

If you do hit the limit, feel free to DM me and I can fix that for you.

2 Likes

Hi, I am currently experiencing the problem that @Boltonet12 mentioned. I was testing a 5/15 sec. refresh, which seems to be way too frequent. How long I have to wait to stop getting the access forbidden message? And what interval can be safe to be querying? I was thinking something like 30 sec., more time could be misleading for the viewers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi everyone!
One of the less experienced moderators of a channel I moderate for managed to overwrite several quote commands on accident. I managed to recover the list of quotes, and generated a new token. I replaced all the commands, however when I use the !delquote and !editquote commands it comes back with the ā€œinvalid entry indexā€ reply. The !quote command correctly replies with random quotes from the list, and when I look up the list, it displays all the quotes. Userlevels are set correctly, and I cannot find errors in the command message after doublechecking the command messages with my own channels commands where everything is working. Any idea why the !quote command is working, but the !editquote and !delquote have the error message?
P.S. It did give me a short, 8 character token when I recovered the quote list. Could this be the issue?

!quote, !addquote, !editquote and !delquote are all different commands. You likely only updated the first one and not the others? Thereā€™s a short 8 character token and a longer private key, and they are linked.

If you send me your short public key, I may be able to DM you your private key to help you fix your commands.

1 Like

I discovered that after a little more analysis as well, we had the short one but were missing the longer one. I actually just exchanged it for newly generated ones and remade all the quotes (it was only 21), so itā€™s all fully functional again! Thanks for your help!

Hi, Iā€™m currently trying to set up a quote command for my chat, I want the quote itself to be in quotation marks, and to have the date it was added as a command. Is this possible, and how would the command be formatted? Thank you so much!

Hey @xarantharax!

One (and the simplest) way to do it is to modify your !addquote command:

$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/addquote?token=PRIVATE_TOKEN&data="$(querystring)" [$(time TIMEZONE "DD/MM/YYYY")])

All you have to do is replace PRIVATE_TOKEN with yours, TIMEZONE with yours according to the list of available options, and eventually update the order in which you want the date to be stored (currently day/month/year).

Right now, the output of !quote should be: "quote" [date]

Hi! First, just want to say I love this quote bot and so does my channel. Weā€™re currently at over 1700 quotes, and Iā€™m hoping I can increase the cap if we hit the 2000.

Iā€™ve been trying to create a game where my viewers play hangman with quotes from my quote list. Unfortunately, while I was modifying it, I accidentally caused my application to send waaaaaaayyy to many http requests to my quote list page in a short span of time, and got my IP banned with the 403 error. I tried to dm @ehsankia, but I donā€™t currently have the option on the forum (maybe because mine is a new account). I have the quote list save locally for my application at the moment, but Iā€™d like to be able to have my app use new quotes in the future (and be able to view them myself). Could I get my IP unblocked?