[CustomAPI] Quote system

it works perfectly for editquote, but delquote gives me an “invalid index” error when i try to use negative numbers

1 Like

When the quote command is used streamlabs and night bot display commands. Can I turn streamlabs quotes off and just use nightbot?

1 Like

This forum isn’t really about streamlabs, but you should be able to yes.
Again, not an expert, but go to the streamlabs dashboard, under Cloudbot I guess, and look around for a ways to delete/disable the quote command. Maybe here?
https://streamlabs.com/dashboard#/cloudbot/commands/custom

EDIT: Alternatively, you can disable Streamlabs bot entirely, generally using one bot makes more sense, having two leads to a lot of collisions like that.

2 Likes

$(eval d=$(urlfetch json https://twitch.center/customapi/quote/list?token=PUBLIC_TOKEN).replace(/\d+./g, -).split(-); t=0; d.forEach(e=>e==$(user)?t++:t); t>10?max:PRIVATE_TOKEN&data=$(user) - $(querystring):wink:

Hi there! :blush: is there any way to make the above command shorter? I’m using this on YouTube as well as twitch now. Working brilliantly on Twitch. But 23 characters too long for YouTube. The rest I’m using from this forum are great though.

1 Like

It’s pretty compact as it is but I would suggest adding it through the nightbot dashboard to avoid the limit.

1 Like

Is is correct that on !quote list at the end of the list there is a $(querystring))?

1 Like

Hey @diebohne444!

If you mean the following command:

$(urlfetch https://twitch.center/customapi/quote?token=PUBLIC_TOKEN&data=$(querystring))

Yes, it’s normal, it’s useful to look for a specific quote through the entire list.

No. I opened up the quote list via “!quote list” in Chat and suddenly there was $(querystring)) in the list and when i wrote !quote 7 (where it was positioned) the Bot send that into Chat

1 Like

Is there any way you can screenshot all of this so we understand better?
Both the screenshot of the chat and of your list.
Blur/mask the tokens if it’s the private token (16 characters).

Right now the list is clean, but before we hit the 10 Quotes it appeared a few times. I will send u a screenshot if it appears again.

1 Like

did u happen to copy paste the “addquote” command into discord? … discord attempts to grab the site and display a preview, which causes everything after the = to be input into the quote list, and since discord isn’t nightbot, the command variables have no effect and just appear as text

1 Like

That makes sense. I did copy paste it into my private Discord server, so that i have the links on demand if needed. Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi,

Loving the command, thank you.

So I am using the command as a RAID list for Destiny. I have !addquote and !delquote aliased with !joinraid $(user) and !leaveraid $(user) so all it will do is pass their username to the list, or look for an entry with their username to remove. Really simple and exactly what I need.

However, what would be great is if running !joinraid twice for example could not post because there is already and entry (“quote”) that would be exactly the same.

Hopefully that makes sense. Is that even possible?

Also, is there a way to see TOTAL entries in the list? So like !quotes total would say there are 6 entries in the list, for example?

1 Like

Hey @Oaks!

Yes you could have a !total command to know the length of the list if you add a comma after the name and then split the output of the $(urlfetch) with them, but I think the Queue API fits better your use case here.

I’m a mod for a friend with a growing quote list. Add and del quote commands work well, but I haven’t found anything in the forum how to add the edit command. Is there some magic that came up in this forum long ago or is the edit command a pipe dream?

I must maintain proper grammar and punctuation in this list. The ocd demands it.

EDIT: Is there a blanket way to edit quotes while a stream is offline?

1 Like

Hey @jomojojo411!

To create an editquote command it’s simple, take your delquote or addquote command, and simply replace the delquote or addquote part with editquote.
And yes, you can edit quotes while the stream is offline, that is you’re on Twitch, you can’t on YouTube.

1 Like

Hey Emily, we did the thing but received a ‘No matching entry found’ feedback from the bot.

How do you edit quotes while off stream? I can totally take a red pen and go to town off stream.

Thanks!!

1 Like

Use !quote list to get the full list of quotes along with their entry numbers. You can use this as a reference to edit the quotes.
To use !editquote you need to specify the entry number first and then the updated text, so let’s say you want to update the 5th quote, you’d do it like this: !editquote 5 some updated text

1 Like

is it currently possible to use !list along with a keyword query ?

Example:
!quote list birds returns a list (or URL to the list) filtered by the word “birds”
I tried https://twitch.center/customapi/quote/list?token=xxxxx&data=birds but that did not work.

1 Like

Hey @abomination!

It is not, but that would be an interesting feature.

1 Like