Block usernames based on a filter

Hey nightbot devs :slight_smile:

So recently I have come across an issue on YouTube where users are putting domains and things in their usernames, and then typing very generic things in chat - those spammy dating site types of accounts that are created en-masse and spam the heck out of your stream. Although I can block words if they put a site in their chat message, it doesn’t appear that I can block the user if their name contains a word I’d like to auto ban.

So, I was wondering, is it possible to set a filter to apply to usernames or is this already a feature?

Here’s some examples:
Sex Dating kita18.tk 🤽🏻 how to make brownies
Awesome Dating Site - sara23.ga how to earn money :point_left:t6: :two_men_holding_hands: :boot:

As you can see their usernames have the site in them, so I would like to be able to block things like ‘sex dating’ in the usernames to stop them getting around this… As they literally spam the chat and it’s starting to annoy viewers that constantly see these. I could block “How to” but then if someone asks me something and has ‘how to’ in their question they’d get banned.

So, is there anything… ANYTHING… I can do to stop these pest accounts?

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Sorry but you cannot filter by username through Nightbot. Your only option to ban them and report it to YouTube.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.