Nightbot Hide/Delete Spam Accounts?

Hi Guys,

I have Nightbot set up to try and stop the spam I’m getting in live chat. However, the issue I have is that these spambots are making their username the URL and I can only see an option for Nightbot to time them out, so I get this in my chat.

NAKED-HD. XYZ - FK ТINDЕR! VISIТ US АND ВЕ SURЕ was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - F
K ТINDЕR! VISIТ US АND ВЕ SURЕ was timed out by Nightbot for 5 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - STОР JЕRКING! FIND GIRL АND FK! was timed out by Nightbot for 5 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - STОР JЕRКING! FIND GIRL АND F
K! was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - SЕND DIСК РIСS ТО GIRLS WIТН US! was timed out by Nightbot for 5 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - SЕND DIСК РIСS ТО GIRLS WIТН US! was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - SЕND DIСК РIСS ТО GIRLS WIТН US! was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - DUРЕ АND FK ТЕЕN GIRLS WIТН US was timed out by Nightbot for 5 seconds.
NAKED-HD. XYZ - DUРЕ АND F
K ТЕЕN GIRLS WIТН US was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.

Is it possible for NIghtbot to have the option to delete/hide the user from the channel rather than time out?

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Cinders.

I was going to suggest making the link a blocked term but because the link is in the username I’m not too sure if that will work. If you are on twitch I would report as many accounts as you can and make twitch support is aware.

It’s a tricky one! Sorry, I should have said, this is on YouTube.

I read Here and it seems like you cant filter by username,
As for deleting/hiding the users, I read here that “there’s no way to delete messages from chat through a command” Unless a regular forum member has any ideas i would say your best bet is to report the users and have mods to delete messages and contact youtube support.
However ( and I don’t have any experience with youtube but…)
users do not see the excessive timeouts as read here

Sorry, I’m not being too helpful.

1 Like

I’m filtering by username - you can see that in my above post. It’s just it’s timing them out and not hiding the user or deleting the message.

Hiya, have you tried checking the ‘Silent’ option in the blacklist/links spam protection options?

1 Like

Yes, this has been ticked since the start.

All I really need is for Nightbot to hide these users. Do the devs read these forums? Or is there a place to request/submit features?

What do you mean by hide them? They should be being timed out essentially the moment they say anything in your live chat?

I am getting ready to set up Nightbot in attempt to control the same posts as mentioned by OP. They are very disruptive and Nightbot creators wold be heros if they can show way to hide posts. I Mod 6 live feds and this chasing the NAKED-HD people are wearing me down. We are getting ready to tturn off chat in a couple of feeds it has gotten so bad

You’ve missed what I wrote in my original post. They’re not writing anything in the chat, it’s their username that is the actual link, e.g.

NAKED-HD. XYZ - SЕND DIСК РIСS ТО GIRLS WIТН US!

So when Nightbot times them out, the username is still appearing in the chat like this.

AKED-HD. XYZ - SЕND DIСК РIСS ТО GIRLS WIТН US! was timed out by Nightbot for 600 seconds.

We need Nightbot to be able to HIDE the username in the chat as they’re detected.
Cinders.

Yes, we’ve had to temporarily disable chat on these live streams for now due to this. It’s so annoying.

I understand what you are saying. It seems I am spending way to much time any more, Banning and reporting the same Channel over and over again and Youtube seems to not want to address issue.
Our live streams are auto racing, we have children watching there family members race, so the vulgar language is a big issue for us. If Nighnot could just hold messages for review it would be great as the viewers would never see them. Anyway this is my last resort before shutting down chats on 6 Live Feeds, so very sad our viewers will get punished for these other people action

Is there a way to contact the developers directly? I’m more than happy to make a donation to the project for them to add an option to hide the user on the channel.

Not sure yet as I just starting looking into NIghtbot , if I find a way I will post it , I also am willing to make donation

These messages are YouTube’s not Nightbot’s, it’s just to notify the moderators of what other moderators are doing, to keep them up to date and double check on them so one doesn’t go rogue.
It’s not possible to disable them, it’s automatically triggered when a moderator does any action on a user.

Not sure how YouTube works on that side, but if it’s anything like Twitch, then those messages are only visible by moderators and above, so you don’t have to worry about regular users seeing those messages, they don’t.
You can simply check on that by opening the stream on a private window.

If you have an issue with those, then you’ll have to take it with YouTube, but it’s unlikely they turn that feature off as it’s a logging system for moderators.

Nightbot only times out to give you time to moderate further, it’s up to you to ban the user if you want them to stop spamming.

2 Likes

I’m sure these messages are being displayed as we have users complaining. I’ll enable chat again and double check.

Even if that is the case that’s not an issue with Nightbot it’s an issue with YouTube. We cannot help you with that other than to tell you to contact YouTube.

1 Like

I’m so glad I found this thread so I know I’m not the only one dealing with this. I wish just as a short-term fix YouTube would, when you hide a user from chat it would remove their username from the chat feed.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.