$(weather $(query)) command brings back error

As the title states, I’ve been trying to add a weather function to the stream I mod but I keep getting an error that reads “Invalid location specified.”

Code:
$(weather $(query))

When I call the function, no matter if I use city name or zip code, I get the error. I can’t get this function to work for the life of me. Am I missing something?

3 Likes

Seeing it on our channels as well.

Same problem on our streams

Hey @Richard_Evil, @FriendOfTheBot, @Allen_Birdcam!

Thanks for reporting the issue, I can reproduce it, I’ve escalated it to the dev.

3 Likes

Same problem here in the United Kingdom

I tried using the weather utility here https://scorpstuff.com/ but it has some issues with minor US cities and/or city names that are in multiple states.

Same problem as others with the weather command. It doesn’t seem to work, whether you’re using city, state or the zip code. I tried multiple locations and all returned with “!addcom !weather Invalid location specified”. I also created the weatherlookup command. That did not work either. It returned each time with “!addcom !weatherlookup Invalid location specified”. All of my other custom and default commands work fine.

Also not working here. Our settings are $(weather city, state) ex. $(weather anchorage, ak)

This is still not working

Nightbot : ​Invalid location specified

Yes same problem with the ch I mod as well. Just stopped working.

Happy to report as at 18:47 BST (Eastern +5) that it is now working again

The issue should have been solved now.
(sorry, a bit late to update you, was away for a couple days)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.