Twitch shoutouts

we are seeing a lot of issues in chat on twitch in BisIobo’s stream when doing the basic shouts !so (streamers name) - Verified
Nightbot
: Error: Unknown Error Occurred. If problem persists, please contact support.

any help would be appreciated

to clarify, I am only getting that on about 30% of the shoutouts, they are normally fine

hiya, what doe your !so command look like?

Here is a screen shot of what is going on. But it’s not on every shoutout, and THAT is what is not mnaking sense,

yes, but what is in the command?

I guess I am missing what you are asking, the common shoutout on twitch going through Nightbot is “!so (@streamer’s Name)” as it shows in the screen capture, the new shoutout that goes through twitch itself is “/shoutout @Streamer’s Name” which limits the time between shoutouts…
The response coding is “$(twitch $(touser) “Go check this great streamer out and give them a follow: twitch dot tv/{{displayName}} ; they are currently {{status}}, have {{views}} channel views and {{followers}} followers.”)”

we r asking what’s actually in the command… not the output…

like, it COULD look something like…

$(user) wants to shout $(touser) out!

or something like…

Let's go follow $(touser) at http://www.twitch.tv/$(touser)

which is problematic if u use the @ symbol… or it could be several other versions, including $(twitch) or not…

see the post right before your last one, the !so is random on who it works for and who it doesn’t, the coding shows the same thing.

The response coding is “$(twitch $(touser) “Go check this great streamer out and give them a follow: twitch dot tv/{{displayName}} ; they are currently {{status}}, have {{views}} channel views and {{followers}} followers.”)”

personally, i’d probly swap out "twitch dot tv/{{displayName}}" with "{{url}}", but beyond that personal preference i dun see any issues from that

The coding was working for more than 5 years, and in the last couple months, we started getting the “Error: Unknown Error Occurred. If Problem persists, please contact support” and have received minimal contact other than from this thread. and the confusing part of it, it’s only happening on just a few streamers and the only ones that it consistantly does it on makes zero sense to me

does anyone else have any suggestions?

If you want you can give a shoutout without a command just by writing /shoutout @

could do those, but the !so has been a staple but they are hit and miss on when they work in chat and the /shoutout function has a timer on it that if there are multple shouts being done you could miss some.

You could also use the streamelements bot and add the !so command and it would look like this:
!so Go leave a follow for $(1) https://twitch.tv /${channel ${1}}

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.