"Supporter Luck" means luck for paid subscriptions, donations or both?

Hi, I´m a bit afraid to ask this basic question, but I couldn´t find an answer yet.

I want to make give aways on youtube-livestreams and I want to give those, who support (whatever that means in nightbot terms) a higher chance of winning, so I guess I raise the “supporter luck” bar, in the give away options.

The question is, what does it mean to be a supporter?
Does it mean, people who donate are supporters? Or does it mean, people who have a paid subscription are supporters?
Or are both included? Or does support means even something different?

I really hope, this question is not to stupid.

Hey @tea!

There are no stupid questions!

Supporter Luck is for Subscribers on Twitch, so people who support the streamer by paying, on YouTube the equivalent is Members, so I would assume it’s extra luck for them, however, donations being processed differently on YouTube than on Twitch, on the latter it’s a third party, it’s possible that Nightbot can log these and count the people who donate to as eligible for extra luck on YouTube.

In the end, I’m sure it concerns Members, and I think it could concern donations via Super Chat as well, but I’m not sure about this one, hopefully someone can confirm or deny.

Yea, thats what I´m wondering too.
Do the Superchats count as support?

I want to make that transparent to my audience.

YouTube rebranded “supporter” to “member,” and we haven’t yet updated the UI to reflect that change. This is referring to your “Channel Members,” which are paid subscribers of your YouTube channel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.