Stream Counters in SLOBS/Nightbot, Help!

I am looking to set up counters/tickers for various purposes on my stream. I have NightBot set up already for some basic stuff, but I am a absolute child who doesn’t know how to do a lot of stuff. I’ve been looking at guides and forums and lists of commands, and I need some help setting up tickers for me to incorporate into SLOBS.

Can someone provide me a very step-by-step explanation of how to do what I’m trying to do?

I just want to be able to type “![insert name of value here]” and have it [Nightbot] say “Total Deaths/Times Hit/Etc. this run: [value]”

As for updating the value I want to be able to, I dunno, do whatever mechanism you think is most convenient, I was hoping the end product could be simply typing !deathup or !deathdown and being done with it, but I just don’t have the knowledge base, and the way NightBot has all those fields for commands and it isn’t clear exactly whether they are just titles of commands or things that need typing in chat or where I am supposed to input code.

I’ve looked over a number of similar posts that have been archived in this forum, and I haven’t found anything that helps me, probably because I just don’t understand how it works. Nightbot is set up and can post my discord, but that’s as far as I got!

Any help, whether it’s valuable reading, or even walking me through it step by step, would be appreciated, or even [god tier] a template for what the fields should look like/where to input them, and I can just edit it to my needs afterwards.

Let me know if you need any further information to help!

@spicydad

A simple death counter can be created by running the following command in your chat:

!addcom -cd=5 !deathup Total Deaths: $(count)

The -cd=5 parameter specifies the command cooldown to 5 seconds (the allowed minimum). The setup creates a command called !deathup that displays a death count. The $(count) variable increases by 1 each time it is called, so every time you use !deathup, the death count increases by 1.

However, with the $(count) variable it is impossible to decrease the value.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.