Questions about Nightbot Channel Playlist and copyrighted songs

Hello,
I am new to Nightbot and i want to set up the AutoDJ for my chatters without risking them adding a copyrighted song.

What do i do if they add a copyrighted song?
How can i prevent them from doing so?
How can i use services like Monstercat Gold to add to the pool of permissible songs?
Do i have to add each song by hand?
Is there a way to add a song to the playlist through !command instead of going to the Nightbot Channel page?

What do i do if they add a copyrighted song?
How can i prevent them from doing so?

By default we set your channel’s playlist to Monstercat tracks that are free to use when streaming. On YouTube they will claim them though (at no penalty to you). You can restrict added songs to the playlist only to prevent users from requesting other tracks.

How can i use services like Monstercat Gold to add to the pool of permissible songs?

We maintain a Monstercat playlist with many of their tracks available for use. We haven’t updated it in a while though, so perhaps that’s something we need to revisit.

Do i have to add each song by hand?

You can actually import YouTube or Soundcloud playlists into your channel playlist. So you may be able to leverage playlists that exist already on YouTube or Soundcloud.

Is there a way to add a song to the playlist through !command instead of going to the Nightbot Channel page?

Not at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.