Posting an /announce command when prediction is created

I’m a bit new but I’ve seen it done in another channel (I think it was Fossabot though), I’m looking to have Nightbot post an /announce message in chat when a poll or prediction is started or ended without manually entering a command. Can Nightbot pull from the Twitch API for predictions/polls to read that info so it knows when it was created? So as soon as the the timer starts or ends, it will post something like “/announcep PREDICTION HAS ENDED”. Thanks in advance!

Hey @maplemooseac!

This isn’t possible as of now, sorry.

Alright thank you! It may not even be possible by any means and I may also be crazy haha

No, I think there could be ways to implement it if the devs care about it, but Twitch API’s doesn’t offer a subscription endpoint for predictions, so monitoring for the start and end of a prediction would require regularly polling Twitch’s API, which is expensive for such minimal feature, especially since predictions appear on top of the chat.

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.