NightBot's Spam Protection Being Too Slow but also too Harsh

Hello again, everybody.

I’m recently running into two issues with Nightbot’s spam protection.

The first is that when it catches something through my settings, it will delete it from the chat. My stream has a chat overlay, but that chat overlay still keeps the original message and doesn’t delete. Is there a way I can update that chat window also? (I am currently using OBS, and using a Browser Source from StreamLabs OBS’ chat overlay functionality.)

My second issue is that it will catch something using its spam filter, and then delete every message they have sent currently in the chat. I would like it to simply delete the one message that is at fault instead. I don’t see this in the settings anywhere, but I may just be not seeing it in an obvious place.

Thank you,
Jo
<3

My stream has a chat overlay, but that chat overlay still keeps the original message and doesn’t delete. Is there a way I can update that chat window also? (I am currently using OBS, and using a Browser Source from StreamLabs OBS’ chat overlay functionality.)

That is something we are not able to assist with. I would recommend reaching out to the Streamlabs team for assistance with why they are not deleting messages which have been removed from chat.

My second issue is that it will catch something using its spam filter, and then delete every message they have sent currently in the chat. I would like it to simply delete the one message that is at fault instead. I don’t see this in the settings anywhere, but I may just be not seeing it in an obvious place.

When a user is timed out from chat, Twitch removes all of their messages. Nightbot does not have the ability to remove only some of their messages.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.