Nightbot Talks Back

Hello,

I need help with a command! So i’m looking to set up a command for nightbot were he talks back with sassy comments to users who mention him in a sentence i.e.
“Oh nightbot is a loser!” So it may not be right at the very beginning of the sentence. But I want nightbot to be able to pull from a pastebin link I have set up with different phrases. And also looking to tag the user that has made the comment if possible. Below I have attempted this but it is not working.

When I put in the command on chat I do !addcom !nightbot then go into the back setting and take off the " ! " from the command but it only seems to work if Nightbot is mentioned at the start of the sentence.

Can someone please help amend this command? Thank you,

$ (touser), $(eval a="$(urlfetch json https://pastebin.com/raw/QS4UjNxF)".split(";");a[Math.floor(Math.random()*a.length)])

Hey @lauramichellexx!

Nightbot only executes commands when the command name is the first word of the message, what you’re trying to do is not possible at the moment, sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.