Nightbot suddenly not working after re-opening chat

Hi all. I’m running a 24/7 live camera on Youtube that runs for days, at times weeks on end.
The live chat was also open 24/7, but due to a persistent troll I’ve changed the live chat to be open between 00:30~09:00am local time only.

Nightbot initially worked fine during the first time I closed and reopened the chat. However after I closed and re-opened the chat the second time, Nightbot stopped working. The Logs are frozen at Feb 23rd, the Timers are not working, and neither is the spam.

Nightbot used to work fine, so I

1. checked the mod status of Nightbot
  2. logged out from everything, rebooted my computer and logged in to Nightbot . tv again (While Live Chat was open)
  3. Tried Part Channel in Dashboard, deleted Nightbot from Mods, clicked Join Channel in Dashboard, re-added Nightbot to Mods, but this still didn’t work.

I’ve thought of terminating the live camera and re-starting, but I’ve found that once my streams are on for over 5~7 days, the Youtube algorithm gives me a push and my the subs increases at a faster rate (might be because of the likes I accumulate on my video.)

Could you please let me know if there are any other things I can try, that does not involve terminating the live stream itself?

Hey @YK_Kim!

Unfortunately, if you want Nightbot to work over a 24/7 livestream, you’ll need to restart the stream every once in a while, this is due to how YouTube designed their chat and API. See Nightbot Troubleshooting

Hmm that’s weird considering that Nightbot had been in the last stream for 21 days non-stop… Anyhow, it’s been twelve or so hours since my last ‘part channel-join channel’ attempt, and Nightbot has just rejoined the chat 5 minutes ago for the :00 timer. Guess next time I’ll allow a bit more time for Nightbot to find its way back.

Yeah… YouTube’s API is a bit of a mess. We have to work with it and be patient, hopefully it’ll be improved over time.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.