Nightbot Posts "Ghost" Timers

Hello,

I have a small problem with the timer function of Nightbot.
I changed the text on a timer. But instead of just posting the changed text to the Twitch Chat, Nightbot posts the old and new text and I cannot deactivate the old command because it no longer exists.

I deleted and reset all the timers, but that didn’t help.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

This isn’t really possible. Are you sure you don’t have another timer configured or another command configured which has the old text?

Thank you for the fast answer :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I don’t know how it is possible, but it happens.

1. I have not activated a timer that can trigger the “ghost” message accidentally.

2. If I change the “changed message” further (f.e.time interval, lines), the changes are accepted. The “ghost” message remains unaffected.

3. I have not entered an “alias” for a timer, so unfortunately it cannot be the origin.

If you need screenshots, I can post them.

Screenshots won’t really help, but if you provide your Twitch username we can look at your settings.

Thank you. My Twitch username is: fraeuleinfreitag

Hello night,

did anything came out of the investigation?
Monday June 22 and Tuesday June 23 the ghost messages didn’t appear and it looked solved.

Yesterday June 24 there appeared another ghost timer message with the text:
"Hier könnt ihr mich beim Spielekauf unterstützen: "

And tonight came the message:
Nightbot: The alias you set this command to be of, !instant, does not exist.
But none of the active timers calls the !instant alias

The thing that changed was that till June 23 the bot was subbed. From June 24 the sub ran out.
Can that make a difference?

Nightbot is subbed again, but it doesn’t change a thing. :confused:

It still post the message:
Nightbot: The alias you set this command to be of, !instant, does not exist.
:thinking:

Since this thread has gone dead I assume these issues are resolved. If you continue having issues, please post the twitch username of your account, the specific timer names which are problematic, as well as the specific text which Nightbot is messaging to chat.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.