Nightbot posting replies on the wrong service and at random

I came across a new issue with potentially serious security implications.

I’m using Nightbot for both Discord and Twitch chat, to respond to the same commands. Since the start of this week, whenever someone uses a command in Twitch chat, Nightbot occassionally posts the reply on Discord instead, in a random text channel without any obvious order. And when our mods use commands in our private Discord mod channels, Nightbot will now also occasionally reply in public Twitch chat instead of the same Discord channel.
Something that is of course very problematic, because Nightbot might leak private information, ban reasons, and other moderation info that is absolutely not meant to be public.

The first step is to reset all Nightbot connections to Twitch and Discord, but since this is a bit more than just another harmless bug, I wanted to at least spread awareness on the issue.

2 Likes

Ah, may be because the bot is undergoing a code re-write, this should be fixed soon, @night has been quite active resolving the issues raised because of it.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve applied a fix for this issue, and it shouldn’t re-occur.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.