Nightbot not working

So I followed the troubleshooting guide but still no dice. Unsure how to fix the problem of nightbot not connecting to the twitch account when I did everything in the troubleshooting guide, out of ideas as well since I came here after my own testing of fixes. Any help is appreciated.

Hey @abigail886!

Sorry you’re having an issue.
Would you mind describing the issue though, as “it’s not working” doesn’t tell us anything?
Also would you mind listing the steps you tried to fix it?

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, It isnt connecting to the twitch chat at all recently, so we cant get any commands to work. I did everything in the trouble shooting guide as well with no fix, so im unsure what to do.

Alright, I’ve noticed that Nightbot isn’t a mod in your chat, so I wonder which troubleshooting guide you followed, haha!
Following the Nightbot Troubleshooting guide:

1. Make sure Nightbot isn’t banned, send /unban nightbot in your chat.
    → send !commands in your chat, see if it responds, if no keep going

2. If it wasn’t banned then it hasn’t joined your chat, go to the dashboard and click on the blue button on the top right corner that says Join Channel, the button will turn red.

3. Nightbot isn’t a moderator in your chat, send /mod nightbot in your chat.

4. If you still can’t get it to respond to !commands, make sure it’s enabled.

5. If you still can’t see it, send /unignore nightbot in your chat.
    → send !commands in your chat, see if it responds, if no let us know

1 Like

Ah I see I forgot to mention an important part, im doing this as a manager of a friends stream, as one of their mods they asked me to fix nightbot since I set it up the first time, but currently its not working on their stream, their account is ludmilajeanne here. sorry about that, didnt think about it

It seems they recently changed username?
I found them and confirmed it by looking at the moderators list and you were there.

Have you tried parting and joining the bot again from their dashboard?

It looks like the account hasn’t migrated under their new username, if parting and joining doesn’t fix it, then I suggest having them log back in the dashboard, if they were still logged in, they’ll need to log out first.

If that doesn’t fix it, then they’ll need to go to their Twitch connections, disconnect Nightbot, and then log back in the dashboard.

1 Like

Yea we parted and joined the bot back, ill have them log in again and see if that fixes it, will bring updates

Yep that did it, didnt realise she changed her twitch username so didnt expect that one, thanks for the help ^-^

1 Like

You’re welcome, glad it’s now fixed!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.