Nightbot not Importing SoundCloud Playlists

For at least a few days/weeks now, Nightbot is refusing to import my SoundCloud playlist: https://soundcloud.com/noellembrooks/sets/nightbot-auto-dj-6

I can enter the URL by pressing the “Import” button as usual and the pop-up saying it can take a few minutes pops up like usual, but then the playlist never has the new songs added.

I can still add YouTube playlists as usual and even singular SoundCloud songs; it seems only the SoundCloud playlist import option isn’t functioning anymore.

@noellembrooks

I just tested out importing both YouTube/SoundCloud playlists. Nightbot has no problem importing playlists from both services. It will, however, take a little bit longer if the playlist being imported, such as the SC playlist you linked above, is large. What I suggest you do, then, is import the playlist, wait up to 10 seconds, then reload the page (Ctrl+R). The songs from that SC playlist should then show up on your Nightbot playlist.

I understand that it takes time to import, but I’ve tried importing this playlist multiple times on various days without success.

I’ve tried again just now, waiting 10 seconds then reloading the page with Control +R. It still didn’t work.

I tested this using your playlist link and it definitely did import it fine on my test account. Have you tried searching for the tracks in your playlist after adding it?

Hmm, that’s odd.
Yes, I’ve noticed the total number of songs not increase and have searched for songs to make sure, without finding them.

I’ll upload a playlist numerous times as I add new songs to them, so some of the songs at the beginning of the playlist will show up, but the new ones at the end aren’t showing up. That’s when I imported a song by itself and found that that still works.

Maybe my playlist is glitched or can you no longer re-import a playlist when its been updated?

Are you sure you haven’t reached the maximum size of your Nightbot playlist? How many tracks do you have stored?

Oh no, I wasn’t aware there was a limit. What is the maximum size?

I’m currently at 4,821 songs.

The limit is 5,000 tracks. The way it’s built if you try to import a playlist with more tracks than the amount remaining, it will not import the playlist.

Hm, I’ve deleted songs to bring my playlist down to 4,762 and the playlist I’m trying to import is 215 songs, but it still won’t import.

If my math is correct, 4,762+215 should add up to 4,977 songs, which should fall under the 5,000 limit. Also, some of the songs on the playlist should already be uploaded, so there should be less than 215 new songs to add.

Do you know what I could be doing wrong?

Wait, scratch that; I just searched for some of the songs from the SoundCloud playlist, and they’re now showing in Nightbot! I guess it is working now.

Since the song limit was the issue, it seems this thread is safe to close out as resolved.

Cool. Glad you got this figured out!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.