Nightbot Losing Subscriber Role

Hey! I moderate for a channel that’s been using two separate bots in Discord and Twitch for about half a year - Nightbot for Discord and StreamElements for Twitch. It’s been all well and good for the past couple months, but recently (like, last week recently), Nightbot lost its subscriber role in the Discord server.

The role itself is managed by the Twitch integration, so I can’t manually reassign it. It’s not a huge issue, because all the commands and whatnot are still there, but there’s a couple minor annoyances, like subscriber-only emotes now showing only as plaintext. I’m not sure what would have caused this - Nightbot is banned in the Twitch chat, but only because otherwise it would doublepost commands with StreamElements and make things confusing (and up until now the role has been working fine anyway). I tried unbanning it to gift it a sub, but Twitch won’t let me do that either.

I’m not quite sure what would have caused it to suddenly lose the subscriber role, so any insight is appreciated. Again, it’s not a huge deal, and it’s not really interfering with the bot’s overall functionality, but things don’t look quite as pretty anymore so I’d like to fix it if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!!

Bots on Discord actually can’t normally have Twitch subscriptions, but Nightbot was so old on Discord that it actually predated their concept of “bots” today. The corollary to this is that it was able to have and retain a Twitch connection that surprisingly has functioned over the many years. Unfortunately Nightbot has a ton of Twitch subscriptions (many thousands), and it started upsetting Discord’s bot authorization flow over time. We were forced to have it removed to fix that.

4 Likes

Huh, that’s pretty cool, actually.

Thanks so much for the response! I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.