Nightbot is being used by phishers on twitch

So over the past few weeks I’ve been seeing streams from fake accounts impersonating people like Shroud and s1mple. The chat is filled with bots and they’re getting roughly 20k viewers (who I suspect to also be bots). Every time I’ve seen this, the scammers used NightBot to distribute the link that would lead to a fake website that would be used to phish for steam accounts. Is there anything that can be done about this? As of writing this, a scammer going by “shroud0262” on Twitch is streaming right now and NightBot is timing out anyone that mentions scam in the chat.

Hey @alphacrucisp!

Nightbot isn’t responsible for what people do with it, and as far as I know, Night won’t take actions against a specific user, the scammers can just make another account and start over, so this is pointless. At the end of the day, it’s everyone’s responsibility to be cautious and not fall for a scam. Also, this is what the report tool is for on Twitch, if you identify a scam, report it to them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.