Nightbot and Follower-only Twitch emote utilization

With the introduction of the new Follower-only Twitch emotes, I feel as though it would be useful and important to create an option for Nightbot to follow any user that adds the bot to their channel. In this sense, it will allow Nightbot to utilize the channel’s Follower-only Twitch emotes in the commands and timers for the channel.

I have gifted Nightbot a Tier-1 subscription to my Twitch channel, but even then it only has access to half of my emotes (the Tier-1 emotes). The only way it could access the other half of my emotes (the Follower emotes) is if there was a way to get Nightbot to simply follow my channel.

It would be very useful, and hopefully simple, to implement an optional for Nightbot to follow a streamer’s channel, to utilize the channel’s Follower emotes. I hope this can be added soon.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

It’s unfortunate, but as of July 27th Twitch is removing the ability to configure followed channels via their API. With this change it’s not possible for us to have Nightbot follow or unfollow streams via the Twitch API, making this feature request not a possibility.

2 Likes