Minecraft - player stats

I’m new to Nightbot and coding in general, I’m wondering if there’s a way to have Nightbot pull player stats from my Minecraft server - I can access the JSON file with all the stats in my server files, I’m looking for a way to set up a command, for example, !deathcount, to parse the file for “minecraft:deaths” and print the result as something like “WightTaleDear has died 170 times this seed.”
Ideally I’d want to do this for other stats as well, like “Death By Beetle” → “minecraft:killed_by”:“druidcraft:beetle”-> “WTD has Died to a Beetle 12 times” or "“quark:frog” → WTD has Never Been Killed by a Frog

Hey @WightTaleDear!

Sorry, but we don’t give tutorials on how to write code here.
You’ll need your JSON file to be accessible through a URL, the $(urlfetch) and $(eval) Nightbot variables, and you’ll need to know how to navigate through a JSON file.

If you write some code, but have a hard time to make it work, then we might be able to help, if you share your code first, of course. If the JSON file is on a URL that require a private key to access it, please censor it and give us an example of the architecture of the file instead, same thing if the JSON contains sensible information.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m trying to learn and having a hard time knowing what to look for for learning resources, so this helps! I’ll take a look at the link you send and see if I can make some sense of it, hopefully I can come up with something codewise before this topic expires. Thanks again!

1 Like

If the topic expires, don’t worry, make a new one linking to this one for keep context, and maybe the mods will merge them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.