Make the $(count) result into text file?

Hey!

I have a !squeak custom command that outputs “Hop squeaks a lot! So far we’ve recorded $(count) squeaks!” and I’m wondering if it is at all possible to output the updated count from nightbot into a text file so that I can have a counter onscreen.

While I’m at it, is it possible to output the count into another command without adding to the count as well? I’ve been looking into it and everything I find is that I have to have 2 commands. One that has to be manually updated with the new number and another that can call that number without changing it. Is there another way ?

Appreciate any assistance I can get, thanks in advance!

Yours truly,

HopSqueak

If there were another way then those odd methods of doing what you need wouldn’t be there, it would just be done without needing them. That way is the only method without a customapi specifically for what you want to do, yes.

That is fair, I was just thinking maybe I’d missed it. The internet is a big place, sometimes you don’t find what you’re looking for :slight_smile:

I’m going to assume there’s not a well known customAPI around that might offer what I wish to accomplish either :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.