Kapchat doesn't scroll

I’m using Kapchat in OBS Studio 20.0.2 using the Linux Browser, in Linux. When chat goes beyond the bounds of the browser source, the scroll bar shows up(if I have the scroll bar visible) and then nothing happens. It just shows the top of the chat.

Perhaps I’m doing something wrong, but I haven’t been able to find any information in my searches.

In order to solve this, I set my vertical scroll to some super high number (like 9999999), and hid the scroll bar, in the browser properties. That seems to work, but I thought someone might know a better way. And if this is the best way, then maybe this thread might help someone else.

I’m not specifically sure about Linux, but in general it by default scrolls chat upwards when it fills up the bounds of the window. You would want to make sure you configure the browser window size and the source size to be the same.

I can set the source window size in the properties of the source, but I don’t know what you mean when you say “configure the browser window size”

Just tried to reproduce this with default configuration, and it works fine … it deletes chat lines when the window fills up, as intended if a scrollbar appears make sure overflow is set to hidden in css… here’s the default css which works:

body { background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); margin: 0px auto; overflow: hidden; }

Hmm. It seems to be working now for me too. I changed the theme from “none” to “dark”, so it’s a different link. I never used custom css.

As a test, I tried it again with no theme and it still seems to scroll fine. I have no idea. Maybe it was just some freak occurrence?

Thank you for your help with this. If I ever find out any more information, I’ll be sure to pass it along.