How to make nightbot welcome new twitch viewers

I want to try and set up a command for nightbot that will welcome new viewers in a similar format to “Hi [twitch name], welcome to the stream!” and have tried many different solutions on the internet but so far none have worked. I tried making a custom !join command and attempted to use mIRC but to be honest I didn’t understand how to use mIRC at all (even with a tutorial). I was wondering if anyone knew a way of doing this. Any help would be appreciated a lot.
Thanks,
TheQwertyGamerTwitchHub

I would Ideally like this to be automatic for anyone how joins as it is difficult to find out someone’s name unless they use the chat and it would also distract me from the stream if I have to re-type it each time.

This is not possible using nightbot… Your easiest solution would probably be what you mentioned, mIRC…

As a note, a lot of viewers like to enter a stream and just watch, (without interacting in chat) or watch for a bit first, then say hi later… (‘Lurking’)

Ok, thanks for the quick reply. I will look into mIRC a bit more and see if I can get it running.

hate to add to a old post but Chatty has a feature where you can display joins/parts but like Teak said, some people are lurkers and just want to watch or use the stream as background noise. http://getchatty.sourceforge.net/

This topic was automatically closed after 62 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.