How to count down with countdown command?

I use this !addcom !countdown $(countdown 11/18/2013 12:06 AM EST) but I want it to count down from 24 hours, i.e 23 hour 59 minutes 59 seconds…23 hours 50 minutes 50 seconds…etc.

So I want to set it to count down from 24 hours towards 0.

We recommend using one of our developer’s sites for this.

http://newtimenow.com/

Vaughn Whiskey

Sorry about this late answer, but I meant this:

I set countdown to 24 hours, Nightbot starts to count it down like this:

23 hours 59 minutes
23 hours 58 minutes
23 hours 57 minutes

The $(countdown) variable will work fine. You just can’t automate it using Nightbot. Well actually I may have an idea or two. I’ll also supply some images to help you along.

The Ultimate Guide to the Countdown:

To start it off there are 2 ways to use the countdown command.

The first and more “well known” was is using the @countdown@ tag in your command for example:

!addcom !timer The timer is counting down: @countdown@!!

And then using the !countdown command to edit what the @countdown@ to be set for:

!countdown !timer May 16 2015 10:00:00 PM MDT

It will then function.

The useful thing about this is that you can change the time without ever touching or editing the original !timer command. NOTE: If you have a command named !countdown this method will not work.

Your second option is using the $(countdown) variable. For this you need a command and a time.

!addcom !count $(countdown 5/16/2015 11:00 PM MDT) 

This is useful for those one time commands. There is no way to edit it without creating or editing the whole command so use wisely.

So you best option might be option 1 with:

All you need to enter to change it would be:

!countdown !24 <Current Date + 1 Day> <Current time> <AM/PM> <Time Zone>
!countdown !24 5/17/15 10:28 PM MDT

Hope this helps and good luck.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.