Help on using one command to reset two commands at once

I’m trying to create a custom command that will reset two different commands at the same time. one command is a count command and the other is a display command that the count command controls. All the information I have found so far says there is no way to do that. So the next idea was to have a rest command for the count command and a reset command for the display command that the count command controls. The reset command for the count command works great, the count command controlling the display command works great but my issue is that once I use the rest command for the count command, it changes the display so it will no longer control the display command. Any help would be great. the commands are below.
I have not included the !resetnumber command because I’m not sure how to get it to still work. I need to be able to reset the !number command to zero and it not affect the !number commands ability to control the !trialsgame command.

!trialsgame The game of the current Trials card is

!number -a=!editcom !trialsgame The game of the current Trials card is -c=$(count)

!resettrial -a=!editcom !trialsgame The game of the current Trials card is -c=0

It unfortunately is not possible to trigger changes to two commands at once, as only 1 alias is supported at this time.

Ok thank you. I hope that as technology and code continues to evolve, that it will be possibly in the near future. Since it is not possible to make one control two commands, is there any way to make a reset command for the !number command without it affecting the other command that depends on it?

Hey @lil_untame!

Here’s the code to reset !number:

!addcom !resetnumber -ul=mod -a=!editcom !number \-c=0

And I recommend updating !resettrial to:

!editcom !resettrial  -a=!editcom !trialsgame The game of the current Trials card is 0

When you need to reset the whole thing, run !resetnumber and !resettrial.

1 Like

Thank you sooo much! That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! I’m definitely going to try it out and get it all to work now!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.