Feature Request: Add 'Mature' query to $(twitch) variable

Hi there!

The $(twitch …) variable retrieves a whole host of useful information about a stream, but cannot retrieve whether a currently live stream is flagged as mature or not. I want to use this in a couple commands, and haven’t found any other custom APIs that can get this information either–unless I were to make my own and query Twitch directly.

Since this information is available in the Twitch API (endpoint /streams, in ‘is_mature’), I can’t imagine this would be a difficult feature to add.

Thanks!
Mmarss

What’s the use case for needing this data?

1 Like

Speaking specifically, I mod for a streamer who’s currently doing a fundraiser for a children’s charity, but we have a few commands featuring profanity. These are perfectly appropriate for the usual streams to an Australian audience and marked as ‘mature’, but I’m looking for a way to toggle their output to a more child-friendly version for the current streams. Ideally, this would be based on whether the stream is marked 18+ or not, rather than updating them manually or just hoping they aren’t used during the month.

In the general case, I can see this being used on other streams similarly, where the age demographic can vary quite widely between different games.

Thanks for the response already, hope to hear more soon!
Mmarss

1 Like

Good suggestion for a temporary fix if the streamer is streaming under a different category than the usual you can make it based off of that.

1 Like

Hmm good suggestion for some cases, but here it’s the same category for both. I suppose with some JS magic I could switch it based on date instead though, for a 6-week period each year.

Hey @mmarss256!

That’s a possible workaround too, but since time moves around I don’t know how reliable it’ll be.
Using portions of the title could be another solution as well, so if the title always include something like [CHARITY] or [FUNDRAISER] during that time, you could check for the presence of such “marker” and prevent the commands from sending messages.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.