Custom viewer voting?

I Wanna make it so a viewer can say !keyword and nightbot will respond with (viewer) has voted for ( keyword ) XXXX total votes
similar to this
but its viewers custom words

it appears u want the number to increase once each time somebody types the command… if that’s the case, u can do it like this…

$(user) has voted for (keyword). $(count) total votes

yes, but is there a way to make the viewer vote for anything they want? like so they can vote for new things

can u give an example or 2?

viewer: !anyname

nightbot: Viewer has voted for [ anyname ] 45 total votes.

that’s what i gave u… am i missing something?

yeah, the viewer can vote for anything they want, so it just isnt a set command, its hard to explain but the viewer can vote for any word they want

r u wanting it to remember those viewer defined words?.. and remember a separate count for each word?.. or just a total number of votes no matter what the vote was for?.. cause that seems counterintuitive, lol

there is this live stream on youtube which has what im talking about, its the “Top 50 YouTube live sub count” by MDM. it has the exact command

well, to be clear, it doesn’t remember more than one without a bit of help… u’d need an api for that… but if u just want a total number of votes no mater what they voted for (like a joke kinda thing i guess), u could do it like this…

$(user) has voted for $(query). $(count) total votes.

oh ok, thanks for the help anyways

1 Like

Im glad you made this because i was actually wanting the same thing too (i think i forgot to ask), a bit disappointing that it is another custom api thing though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.