[Custom API] ChatGPT - chat with your friend Nightbot!

Hiya, working on something like this… details later! Thanks for the suggestions.

2 Likes

Thx you for helping me out

How about streamlabs cloudbot in addition to nightbot?

Hiya, no plans currently to expand to other bots.

Hello! Im using the same OpenAI Nightbot integration (by guide from YouTube video called “How To Connect ChatGPT To Your Twitch Chat”) and getting error “Error Connecting To Remote Server” quite often. I was never able to identify the pattern of its appearance. I assume that the problem may be that sometimes the bot formulates a message that is too long, and while it is being cut off, the bot timeout passes, which is why it throws an error. Perhaps you have some progress in learning and fixing this issue?

if am not wrong . you are referring to this video. that video have no connection to this thread. this thread gives a way easier way of doing it.

Hi, maybe what I’m asking for is crazy but I don’t need it, I’m putting it more as an idea in case it’s possible to implement.
I was wondering if it is possible to customize the api with some parameters so that it is more in line with the type of channel, for example adding the parameter, “fun” so that the answers returned by the bot are more fun or more serious, this was just an example but it would be great if there were more ways to implement a more personalized ai and not just a chat assistant.
Anyway, it is an incredible api, I already implemented it to the channel that I moderate

1 Like

hey @xgerhard is it possible to add a parameter for our own API key instead of using the one provided within.

Hey @MichiTriste @AG_1436 thanks for the suggestions!
These both features is something I wanted to add and already built months ago, but somehow never finished it. I will revisit this project soon to implement these features, and will let you know here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Howdy y’all! Today is update day. Launched a dashboard for your XGPT settings, there can set your own OpenAI API key to avoid monthy limits, but also set channel settings to make the AI more fitting for your channel. Add info about yourself, or give specific instructions for example to respond in a certain language.

Have a look at: xgpt.gerhard.dev/dashboard

Questions/bugs? Most likely, aint nobody got time to test everything, just shoot me a message here! :upside_down_face:

@AG_1436 @MichiTriste @oldbutdolphin @andy_s_89

4 Likes

Hi, first things first to appreciate your work and everything works fine. However, i think there is an issue to make it work on another channel. whenever i change the ai instructions and talk with the bot in my own channel works really fine. BUT, as a moderator on another channel, it ignores the instructions and talks formal language. How do i fix this?

Thanks for the feedback! Each channel owner has to setup their own instructions by singing in to the dashboard. Settings aren’t shared with the token in the url, this is just a security check for when users use their own OpenAI api key.

God Tier. loved the interface. puts my stuff to shame.
will check the usage once i get some time

1 Like

The error “Error Connecting To Remote Server” keeps occurring. I wonder if this is due to excessive usage at the end of the month.

@sonjunam Sorry about that, it was a database error on my end. Should be fixed now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, thank you!! It’s working! I thought the quota was over so I tried to wait until February 1st.