Complex Shout out command?

How do i make a simple shout out command. Please give me an example.

Gary enters live and i want to give a shoutout to gary. What’s the exact command string to make the command plus the command for the shout out?

!addcom !so (string)

well, really, it depends on what u want it to say… u can include a link to their channel, u can include what game they were playing last, u can include nice words u want it to say, there r many different versions… can be on a theme, like i know a streamer that has a space theme and it says…

!addcom !so Lets go invade $(touser) and show them some love at $(twitch $(touser) "{{url}}") BrainSlug They $(eval `$(twitch $(touser) "{{status}}")`==`offline`?`were last`:`are currently`) playing $(twitch $(touser) "{{game}}")!

I’m going to try and combine a string together. Can you tell me if this is correct?

!addcom !so SHOUT OUT TIME!! Be sure to follow $(touser) at twitch. tv/$(touser) BrainSlug They $(eval $(twitch $(touser) "{{status}}")==offline?were last:are currently) playing $(twitch $(touser) “{{game}}”)!

Additionally is there a way to target a random user with a shoutout simply by saying !so and the nightbot picks a random person to shoutout but combine it with my string and yours If that’s possible.

uh, that CAN work… but the issue with it is that u’d have to type JUST the name for the link to work…
if u did !so @johnny
it would give the link as twitch.tv/@johnny
which wouldn’t take u to their page… u would need to type !so johnny
to get twitch.tv/johnny

if u want the shorter version of the link without the worry of trying to leave out the @… u could do it like this…

!addcom !so SHOUT OUT TIME!! Be sure to follow $(touser) at twitch.tv/$(eval `$(touser)`.replace(`@`,``)) BrainSlug They $(eval `$(twitch $(touser) "{{status}}")`==`offline`?`were last`:`are currently`) playing $(twitch $(touser) "{{game}}")!

and there is in fact a new api for random users, but i’m not yet familiar with getting that up and running

Thank you. Do you know the name of the API and where i can find it? I will test it as soon as i get your reply.

uh, i bookmarked the link ( Garret | Chatbot Command APIs ) … but in order to make that work u’d have to create another command to alias to the already created command to make it switch…

!addcom !so2 -a=!so $(eval `$(touser)`==`$(user)`?`RANDOM_USER`:`$(touser)`)

and u’d have to replace “RANDOM_USER” with the $(urlfetch) info the api requires

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.