Command with multiple responses

Is there a way for nightbot to display multiple messages in chat after a command is issued? I have a couple of instances where i’d like to use a similar type of command… Such as a !raidmsg command where Nightbot posts 2 messages after the command is initiated for copypasta options. The other way I want to use this is just a silly and fun thing… if the command !argue is initiated, nightbot posts a series of responses, arguing with itself.

I initially wanted to do the argument between two bots, but nightbot is the only bot that I have that allows for text input and doesnt require a ! to initiate the command, so I couldn’t make the text from one response initiate another bot to initiate a command… so I’m hoping I can get nightbot just to argue with itself lol.

I did try using the text from nightbots previous response as a command to initiate another, but i’m assuming nightbot doesn’t recognize it’s own text as a command prompt, so unfortunately it looks like I need an actual proper command and it’s not as simple as i’d hoped it would be :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @geekmeow!

Nightbot doesn’t read its own messages to prevent looping. You’ll have to use an API for sending multiple message from one command.

If you want a simple tool, use the multiple messages tool by VXRL.

Or there’s @RokettoJanpu’s API which does the same thing, but has less limitations in my opinion:

$(urlfetch http://rokbot.xyz/smm.php?msg=MESSAGE_1`MESSAGE_2`MESSAGE_3`MESSAGE_4`MESSAGE_5`MESSAGE_6&i=INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS&d=DELAY)  

Replace the MESSAGE_x fields by the messages you want to send (maximum 6 messages), INTERVAL_IN_SECONDS by the amount of delay between the different messages (minimum 5s), and set DELAY to 0 if you want the first message to be sent without delay, or 1 if you want the second message to be impacted by the delay.

1 Like

Thank you SO MUCH.

I think this is exactly what i’m looking for. I’ll test it out this week.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.