Can someone explain what part of this emote needs to be transparent?

As per the title. I submitted this emote, (http://imgur.com/9Z6fvdb), where only a small portion of the overall scene is not moving, and it was knocked back. Earlier I submitted this emote, (http://imgur.com/MK6VDHE), which was also knocked back for the same reason.

It seems slightly ludicrous to me that any portion of static in an emote must be removed. I could understand it if a vast majority of the emote background is static, but can’t we be a little more reasonable about this?

I’m not one to whine on a forum just because my precious emote was denied, but I think there needs to be better guidelines on what is and is not allowed.

I’m not one to whine on a forum just because my precious emote was denied, but I think there needs to be better guidelines on what is and is not allowed.

I find that interesting because for very specific reasons both of your emotes were denied for the same exact reason. To specify this reason further, any part of an emote that is not strictly important to the understanding of the emote should be transparent. Solid backgrounds or simply backgrounds are not allowed. In your kirby emote all you must do is crop out the kirby eating the chips and it will be fine, there just cannot be the solid background of the grass as it is not important to the image and overall will make it look worse in chat.

It seems slightly ludicrous to me that any portion of static in an emote must be removed. I could understand it if a vast majority of the emote background is static, but can’t we be a little more reasonable about this?

It is not about how much of the emote that is static background it is just plainly there being a background. It doesn’t look good and it is (generally) not hard to fix. It is a simple guideline we have always had and not one people have had a problem with.

[quote=“Slikrick, post:2, topic:7805, full:true”]
In your kirby emote all you must do is crop out the kirby eating the chips and it will be fine, there just cannot be the solid background of the grass as it is not important to the image and overall will make it look worse in chat.[/quote]

I did exactly that when I first submitted it and it was denied for resolution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.