BTTV won't install on New Firefox

Hello everyone,

I’ve never had this issue before when installing BTTV on Firefox. However now I am getting the failure to install extension notification which is typically involved with having the firewall/antivirus active. Downside, neither of those are active when I tried installing, so there is something else at play here and I’m not sure what else to do.

Let me know if there is another fix as I really can’t watch Twitch without BTTV :slight_smile:

Cheers,
NB

I am using Firefox’s nightly (ver 59) and BTTV is working fine, so i can say that it’s not an issue with the new Firefox, this is something that people have experienced before in the past.

I forgot how some people solved it, but i think the solution was something along the lines of downloading the .xpi from https://nightdev.com/betterttv/firefox/betterttv.xpi in another browser and then trying to manually install it into firefox. Instead of trying to do both in one step.

1 Like

That looks like it has worked but I will verify, thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.