All Youtube Channels Disconnected

Our Twitch channel is working with Nightbot, but all of our Youtube channels stopped yesterday. We’re getting a notice that the channels are invalid. Today the channels are now not even showing on our Nightbot panel for me to switch between them.

I have tried to click “Join Channel,” but it continue to say that the channel is invalid.

I have confirmed that NB has NOT been banned by our channel, is still a moderator on our channels, the stream is live when looking into this, NB is NOT reading our chat.

I’ve been researching everywhere and cannot find any solutions. Can anyone help?

1 Like

YouTube required us to cleanup accounts which had expired connections. Because of this, all accounts with expired connections were pruned. If you log back in for each channel, it should repair the connection and allow you to rejoin the bot to the affected channels.

Thank you so much for having an answer - it is a relief. I am confused though - where do I need to log back in? I’ve logged in and out of Nightbot with no success.

Our Youtube accounts are managed by several people across the country and we do live shows and post VODs practically around the clock, so I’m not sure if logging in and out for every Youtube account manager would be feasible.

Also, out of curiosity, how was ours considered an expired connection? We’ve been active / current users with NB for years now.

I think I figured it out. I had to log back in to each channel via NB separately and removed NB as a mod in YT and then re-added it. We’ll see if works today.

Question: Before this, I was able to toggle back and forth between each channel within the same log-in/panel on NB. Now it’s having me log out and log back in every time I want to switch between channels. Is there a way to get them merged again on the same panel?

1 Like

Also, out of curiosity, how was ours considered an expired connection? We’ve been active / current users with NB for years now.

Nightbot operates under its own connection, but user accounts are a different connection. I can’t explain why it was expired, but perhaps the accounts were so inactive that Google decided the connection wasn’t being used anymore and revoked it.

Question: Before this, I was able to toggle back and forth between each channel within the same log-in/panel on NB. Now it’s having me log out and log back in every time I want to switch between channels. Is there a way to get them merged again on the same panel?

Nothing has changed with regard to this feature. As long as your account is configured as a Manager of another channel you will see that show up in the channel switcher.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.