Add an exception (with RegExp)

Hello.
I have banned the use of other languages using RegExp
Adding expressions like /[\u0080-\u00FF]+ to the blacklist.
But I met a problem. It consists in the fact that some characters are used in all languages. For example, ° - when a person tells what the weather is like. Or other characters that are included in the forbidden block.
My question is: Is it possible to make exceptions?
For example /[\u0080-\u00FF]+ is forbidden, but U00B0, U00F7 and U01C3 are allowed
How do I write this?

Have you considered using the ^ not operator to match to only the language you want and selected characters like this?

/[^\x00-\x7F\u00B0\u00F7\u01C3]/g

This bans all non English characters except the three you listed I’m presuming you want only English but feel free to make it however you want.

1 Like

Yes, I considered it, but it didn’t suit me.
This is where we discussed it

Ok try this:

/(?=[^\u00B0\u00F7\u01C3])[\u0080-\u00FF]/

However as a side note you don’t really need to include the \u01C3 as that’s not within the range of the set.

1 Like

You can use the Public Unicode Character Map to find the sets you wish to allow, for example ° is in Latin-1 Supplement.

2 Likes

I know that. I have a difficulty with the correct formulation of the formula

I checked it out. It doesn’t work at all.
I need certain characters from the table to be allowed in the chat. In this case, but the entire block should be blocked.

Try the code above again I got rid of the + at the end that should work now from my testing.

1 Like

The new version doesn’t work either

Really is it banning the symbols or not banning them at all?

1 Like

does not prohibit at all. The nightbot does not see this command

Can you show me what your typing in chat?

1 Like

Just watch the chat
Symbols ° Ë ë must be allowed, other characters are prohibited
The bot gives a message every minute.

Yeah that’s weird from my testing with a regex checker it worked I’ll look more in depth into it later when I can with nightbot.

1 Like

No one has a solution?
There is a ban on /[\u0080-\u00FF]+/
Need to allow the characters in this block u00B0, u00CB and u00EB
How to do it?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.