Why get rid of black chat (chroma key) option?

I recently saw the notification about that the black chat (chroma key) option is going to be going away soon and that i’d have to use the obs chat plugin. Why can’t we just have both?

I personally don’t like the OBS chat tried it multiple times and I just didn’t like it. So i’ve just been using the betterttv chat option and I love it.

We’re removing something that should not have been part of BetterTTV in the first place. It doesn’t make sense to have a streaming tool embedded in a browser add-on.

In addition, anytime Twitch performs updates to their chat theming or we add new features that modify chat, we have to then backport changes to work on this chroma key theme. It’s a barrier to adding new features, since the chat is transparently captured. There’s also always been issues with chroma key itself masking emotes and usernames unintentionally.

It makes no sense to support an old substandard technology like chroma key for capturing chat when you can inject directly into OBS/XSplit. It’s more efficient and straightforward.

This is the direction we’re going, so instead of stating you don’t like something you consider opting to provide feedback on how it can be improved.

Okay in that sense I can understand why,It just wasn’t clear to me at first but when you say it like that I can see the reason you wish for people use more of things like obs chat and stuff.

Then once the chroma key option is no longer available i’ll try the obs chat again and leave some feedback for it :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.