What's the smartest way to schedule Nightbot timers so that they don't bunch up?

I have three messages that I want to get posted automatically at different points in the stream. I set something up like, 35 minutes, 45 minutes, and 60 minutes. I read in other parts of the forum that @night said that the schedule runs like cron, so that means the first will run at :35 and :00, the second will run at :45 and :00, and the last one will run at :00. That’s not super because it means all three timers run at :00 always. This confirms the spammy behavior I’ve seen on stream.

How do I get around this? I could remove one timer and just use two… but at best I could do 30 minutes and 60 minutes, running the first one at :30 and :00, while the second one doubles up on the :00. :expressionless:

I’d love to be able to define a list of commands that run sequentially every 30 minutes or so. That way there’s no bunching up of the posts. I realize this isn’t possible within Nightbot, but is anyone aware of a way to do something like this with the API?

What other creative solutions have you found to spread out the timers?

Well your in luck cause I have made something that does exactly what you need in the past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.