Useful Custom APIs

This is by design - if you disable your subscription for a month, the time will be reset. Unfortunately there is no simple way around this without a bot (or Nightbot’s forthcoming API.)

but i think, some subs had last time for example 7 months anniversary ( twitch alerts showed him 7 months anniversary) but when they try command with this API, it showed 2 months

Yes, as while they have subscribed for 7 months, their recurring subscription (meaning “Don’t Renew Automatically” is never selected) has only lasted 2 months. Hope that makes sense.

oh, i think now i understand, many thanks :slight_smile:

No responses, ok. Is it even possible or is the question so dumb that nobody took the time to respond?

Cheers.

Sorry - meant to respond a while back but something came up. It’s possible but with all of the development and resources that would be put into it, it would make more sense to make such a feature part of the bot itself (not a custom api.) I’m not sure if any bots have done this however.

1 Like

Thanks rtainc. Hope they pick up on it.
Still wonder why this has not been a function request before!

Cheers.

And by the way, logged in with a new account realizing I had an account in here already. :wink:
Deleting new account.

A couple of streams I mod for are asking me to make a command that can count the number of days since an event happened in the past, and Nightbot’s Countdown command returns a negative value on that. Either a reverse of the Countdown command or one that returns an absolute value would work, but the one API I’ve found so far has been taken down. Would anyone happen to know of one?

Edit: @Teak has created one at http://api.newtimenow.com/days-from-date/?date=2014-10-24

Is it possible for you to create !time command similar to the one Night released, except it only displays the time in 12 hours with AM/PM at then end?

You will have to wait for Nightbot v4’s time variable that allows you to format the output of the time.

When will that be released?

It is expected to have an opt-in testing starting in a couple of days.

Hi. I just wonder if there’s an api to build an command that shows the follower standings of a channel?

Something Like:

!pos
Nightbot: night is the 5. Person who followed [channel]

Hi, unfortunately Twitch’s API does not support such a feature explicitly. In theory you could grab the entire list of followers and find what position a user is in, but such a call to the API wouldn’t be viable on a large scale. Sorry. :confused:

Hello o/ I thought I would share my API/Love cmmand. I know we have the API here but not the whole thing. So if ur lazy you can use this one and edit it however u want to OpieOP.

Love command

I hate to bother everyone and bring back a older thread but is there anyway to get a reliable API to use for a RSS feed? I want to be able to do a command like
!Blog
and it post my lasted blog title with a shortened link in chat.

any help would be great

Vaughn what blog site do you use?

I use wordpress. my blog can be found here http://vaughnwhiskey.tv/blog/

uses atom and basic RSS i do believe.

While I’m not the person to build you an API to do that it looks there’s some info on http://vaughnwhiskey.tv/feed/ that would be pretty easy to parse. Perhaps @rtainc might be able to whip something up?