Unable to use OBS chat as a global source?

Hi, I wanted to use the OBS chat as a global source so that it keeps track of the chat between different scenes.

I have put a CLR browser as a global source and updated it with the needed links/css etc and it works, however when I close down OBS and reopen it - it all resets to show the OBS homescreen again.

Any ideas why?

That usually means that CSS is missing something. I know CLR Browser had a issues with certain CSS elements like quotations marks for things like text.after. Do you also have our repack of CLR Browser installed?

Well the CSS I used is just a copy/paste from the OBS Chat that it gives me just slightly changed (colour hex).

It works fine as a stand-alone CLR Browser addon, however it has to load the chat up each time I switch :frowning:

I’m not sure what to do to make it work with the global…

You didn’t answer all I asked. Do you use our Repack of CLR?

Can you try the default CSS to see if it solves the issue? Only ask this because mine is setup via Global and works. But I also use the default css.

::-webkit-scrollbar {
  visibility: hidden;
}

body {
    color: transparent;
    margin: 0px auto;
}

.chat_line {
    font-size: 18px;
    line-height: 18px;
}

.chat_line .nick {
    font-weight: bold;
    text-transform: capitalize;
    color: #000;
    text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #fff, 1px -1px 0 #fff, -1px 1px 0 #fff, 1px 1px 0 #fff;
}

.chat_line .message {
    color: #fff;
    text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #000, 1px -1px 0 #000, -1px 1px 0 #000, 1px 1px 0 #000;
}

Oh sorry, yes I use the repack of the CLR. I try keep it all updated :smile:

I’m going to play around with the global source to make sure I havn’t somehow added it wrong and it won’t edit after it’s added (basically adding the detail BEFORE saving it, just incase you can’t add it first then edit it)

I do indeed use the default CSS too with #690 instead of #fff though and a different font. I’ll try it without any adjustments too.

Thanks for helping!

I actually think this was the issue, I’ve gone through the CSS I usually use and I think I’ve made an error with changing the font. (it saves 100% okay now!)

Many many thanks :slight_smile:

No Probs, I was told you can us instead of " in CLR

Ah ha! I see :slight_smile:

Thank you for letting me know, appreciate it a lot. It’s nice to have it all working properly again!