Twitch removed OS-emotes

Hello BetterTTV,

When I logged in today, I recognized fast, that twitch removed the emotes from the OS-series.
I used OSsloth a lot and I want you to ask if you could bring back the OS-emotes as a feature of BetterTTV (or at least some form of OSsloth). My twitch-experience is not the same without OSsloth FeelsBadMan .

Thx for reading this.

OSfrog was a staple of the Dota 2 community as it was used as a reference icon for IceFrog, the primary developer behind the Dota and Dota 2 game mechanics. BTTV saving this emote would be pretty awesome for the Dota 2 community.

As far as I know those emotes are copyright by Old Spice™ so we would not be able to add them without express consent from them.

Does anyone in NightDev have any internal contacts with Twitch where they could get a contact for whoever was involved with the Old Spice / Twitch campaign to see if this is something is achievable? I mean for Old Spice if it’s things that relate to their brand and there’s going to be another place to showcase these already made assets without having to explicitly extend their deal with Twitch it might be an attractive proposition for the Old Spice folks. Obviously it’s a bit of a hoop to jump through but it might be worthwhile in terms of general strategy or an exercise in rights procurement.

Nevermind! Looks like Twitch stepped in and saved the beloved Frog and Sloth!

->https://twitter.com/Twitch/status/689894221004730369

Okay, topic can be closed now. OSsloth (and OSfrog) are back and my twitch experience is saved KappaRoss .

Twitch has readded the emotes: Twitch removed OS-emotes

We had plans to add similar emotes if Twitch did not act to restore them, but now it’s a nonissue.