NightDev Community Forums

Tip Sound Error

Hello!

I am getting an error when I launch or try to update the sound alerts.

“The recent tip sound experienced and error. This usually means the sound file is not compatible. Make sure you’re using a file in OGG format.”

I get this on both the recent and top tip. I am using a known good OGG file as I tried the same file I am using for the follower notification. I am running the newest update to Streamtip off the site, 0.1.6. I have also uninstalled and re-installed Streamtip to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Ender

Make sure the sound file doesn’t have any weird characters in its name. Stick to ASCII characters with no spaces. I thought we fixed this issue already, but perhaps not.

I hadn’t thought about that one and was a great suggestion. I went and changed the files, they had a couple _ in them and tried again, still no luck, same error.

Can you upload your sounds and link them here?

Absolutely! The first attempt didn’t work, I apologize about that. This looks like it should work, but let me know if there are any problems! Thanks!

MarioLevelComplete

Zelda

Those sounds work fine for me. Follow the debug instructions at Debugging the Streamtip Alerter (not the visual alerter) as it may indicate in the console why the loads fail.

closed #8

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.