Timers not working

I am using nightbot on my twitch streams, and I have 5 or 6 timers.
Set to come in at min 5 lines and 20 mins apart. However, all the timers execute one after the other, 3 at a time. So once the conditions are met, timer one executes, then about 10 seconds later timer 2, and then timer 3. Sometimes ther eis a break of a couple of mins then timer 4 executes, timer 5 within 30 seconds and timer 6 within 30 seconds.

I have past stream VODs that can show this too.

Hey @Bluesombre!

Nighbot is rate-limited by Twitch when it comes to the number of messages it can send, hence the delay between each timer even if they’re set to be sent at the same time.

That said, your usage of timers could be simplified by using a single one with a multiple message API:
Nightbot Multiple Messages Command Generator
SMM.php — better if your messages contain links

HI @Emily - I’m not wanting them to send at the same time though - what I am wanting is one timer to go, and the next one to be 20 mins after that one, and then 20 mins after that one. I dont want 6 going off at the same time.

I actually made a command that’s exactly what your looking for in the past Staggered timers - #2 by potatoeaterlove
Let me know if you come across any issues adding it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.