Specific user message command

Hello

I need to know if it’s possible to have a !hello command which displays a specific message to a specific user and a normal message to everybody else. The specific people are around 15 and I’d like them to have a specific message for each.

I’ve seen this code which gets close to what I need

$(eval List=[User1,User2,UserX…];List.includes($(user).toLowerCase())?Response: )

but I don’t know how to add more responses and make each of these responses specifically for a specific person

Hey @Clauwasaki!

Have a look here:

Hi. I saw it.

Do I need to create a paste bin? or can I just use that code? how can I add more users to the list?

Yes, create an account on Pastebin, and create a public or unlisted paste with the code I said should go in it, it’ll be useful to come back and add more people to your command.

As shown by the code example I wrote, you simply add another case.
Let’s say you have this:

switch (u) {
  case 'Clauwasaki':
    'CLAUWASAKI_MESSAGE';
    break;
  case 'Nightbot':
    'NIGHTBOT_MESSAGE';
    break;
  default:
    'DEFAULT_MESSAGE';
}

…and you want to add a user named Twitch:

switch (u) {
  case 'Clauwasaki':
    'CLAUWASAKI_MESSAGE';
    break;
  case 'Nightbot':
    'NIGHTBOT_MESSAGE';
    break;
  case 'Twitch':
    'TWITCH_MESSAGE';
    break;
  default:
    'DEFAULT_MESSAGE';
}

Hi Emily

it’s giving me a hard time lol. Sorry

Could you give me some specific info on what to paste in pastebin? I don’t know what to edit

No worries, I’ll help you kickstart your file; can you give me the default message(s), and the user-specific messages you already thought of (along with their usernames)?

Hello

The default message will be “Welcome”
The specific message I haven’t figured out yet but let’s say

user1 message1
user2 message2
user3 message3

and so on. I think I’ll have to make around 15 of these but with 1 example or 2 I can do the rest

Okay, so this is the command:

$(eval u = '$(user)'; $(urlfetch json https://pastebin.com/raw/XXXXXXXX))

Replace XXXXXXXX with your paste id, you’ll see it in the URL once you save it for the first time.

And in your paste, put the following code:

switch (u) {
  case 'user1':
    'message1';
    break;
  case 'user2':
    'message2';
    break;
  case 'user3':
    'message3';
    break;
  default:
    'Welcome';
}

Each username need to match the case of the username on Twitch, and if your message contains apostrophes you’ll need to escape them with a backslash (\):
Let’s imagine your username was typed clauWasaki to illustrate different casing…

case 'clauWasaki':
  'it\'s a sunny day';
  break;

it works perfectly, case sensitive by the way. So if I wanted to add more, I just copy from here?

case ‘user4’:
‘message4’;
break;
case ‘user5’:
‘message5’;
break;

etc? and edit the pastebin code of course

Yup, exactly like this, you got it! Leave the default case to the bottom.

Thank you Emily, you’re wonderful

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.