Specific giveaway/message each X minutes using a list

Hello!

I was wondering if it was possible, using Nightbot, to set a specific message each 10 minutes for example saying something like:

Here is a steam key for the game Y, enjoy: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

The game could change everytime and the steam key also of course.

The list would have to be uploaded somewhere as a .txt file? on a Google Sheet maybe?

Thanks for your help!

This could be done possibly even using just the quote api for nightbot. One issue that lies is that there is no way to automatically detect and delete the code after it has been used, it would have to be done manually.

If you do use the quote system you would just setup a timer that says a random quote with the steam code for nightbot to post. You can label them however you want.

A slightly more complicated setup is to list your quotes incrementally, so going “!quote 1”, “!quote 2”, etc.
Could you not just put the count command in there for that?

I also have a custom count command that I haven’t documented yet if that doesn’t work.

Thank you both for your replies.

The problem with the quote system is that I’m not sure that I’ll be available each X minutes to delete used keys.

I’m not sure to understand how it should be done/use. Do you mean that I should create one quote per key? (like you explained it here) If I do so, how could I setup a timer which will trigger the quotes one by one without the random and the possibility to send the same quote twice?
Moreover, I can’t really type in tchat all keys to add them in the quote system and taking the risk that someone is around to “steal” them.

Thank you again for your help!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Yes, one quote per key, and then you have a timer which enumerates the quotes by using the Count variable:
https://docs.nightbot.tv/commands/variables/count

As you mention, the tricky part is inputting the codes not using chat. It can be done purely with the browser by modifying the data parameter manually, like such:

http://twitch.center/customapi/addquote?token=TOKEN&data=The+first+code+is+123123123

But yeah, I might end up making a simple interface for manipulating quotes not using chat soon.

Thank you again!

I succeeded the add of each quote using your method so one issue fixed but I tried to add the timer with the variable like this: Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

The result in tchat is unfortunately a failure:

[10:30:50] @+^Nightbot: !quote [variable not permitted in timers]

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.