Quick question about the blacklist phrases

I don’t see it when I search for the symbol in particular causing havoc in Twitch chat once again. However, I wasn’t sure exactly where to bring it up, since it branches to two things: Both Nightbot and BTTV.

Regardless, it appears that those cascading chat symbols are making a comeback in Twitch chat once again. Single variants of it are being times out properly; however, if multiples are put alongside one another, it is not timed out.

When put into the BTTV blacklist phrases, it will be complete removed from the chat with no issues. However, that isn’t the case for Nightbot. I was mainly wondering if that can be looked at a bit just to ensure that no number of variants will get around the Nightbot ban.

The character in question, since I don’t want it cascading down into what I typed: Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫

Ah yes, the zalgo text. Rather annoying and making a comeback as it can be spammed in twitch.

In nightbot zalgo type text is blacklisted natively if you enable the “Excess Symbols” spam protection. You can change the symbol limit to be higher and nightbot will still remove the zalgo text even if it is in singular form.

If you wish to keep using the blacklist filter i believe you can use the singular character of Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫t simply with *'s around it. Making it look like: *Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫* (an asterisk on each side of it) This will remove any message that has the zalgo character ANYWHERE inside it.

Ah, good to know. I appreciate it. Wasn’t aware of the asterisk functionality.

Yea, asterisks can be used to wildcard before or after certain text. Catching anything.

Will this example put in the blacklist work?
!sr *youtube.com*&list=*

The purpose of this one line is to filter the song requests of youtube playlists from twitch troll songs.
I also tried *pokemon go* as its own entry, but it seemed that anyone in chat can say this term and will not get timed out. So I’m wondering if you can only do one word per entry or I’m using the wildcard incorrectly. Would like to see more detailed examples with the wildcard.
Also, is there a way to see the list of blacklisted words that mods enter in chat as a command? It seems the Blacklist page from Spam Protection doesn’t get updated from the commands in chat.

If you do not want to allow people to request YouTube videos, then disable YouTube in the song request settings.

Youtube Vids are fine, I’m filtering out youtube playlists.
Playlists have the &list= in the url, that’s the easiest way to identify it.

It’s not possible for a user to request a playlist.

I understand that the bot wont play the whole playlist, which isn’t the issue I’m addressing, but it’s still a valid link and will play the song. The issue with these trolls are using the same playlist called “Twitch Troll Songs” and they post a random song in the playlist, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsuWoE3d3U&index=55&list=PLTqqnE7FOIKrlaz7gnulDo2FUD-f2npbL

It came to my attention because there were a lot of song requests that were coming from the same playlist. The mods did their job and remove it from the queue, thought it’d be easier to just blacklist this specific target on the &list= in the url if possible. You can test using this link in your own stream using the song request if you like to see if it goes through or not with Nightbot.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.