One week emote limit

Hi there :slight_smile: was wondering if that emote-week limit means “one week on a specific day, like it resets EVERY monday” or “seven individual days after you reached the limit”.

Would be great if someone could tell me :slight_smile: thanks!

It is one week after the initial upload attempt. If you attempted to upload your first emote on tuesday, that slot will open up the next tuesday.

Thank you very much Slikrick :slight_smile:

Just noticed this limit but have only uploaded 2 emotes or does it simply take account of every time you press the upload button? shows the 5 emote per week limit messgae.

Hi there

Can I ask why?? I does count failed attemtps? I see no real reason for this and it is kinda… well I am going to say stupid. Especially considering it might not be the users fault.
I did read all the rules and tried to follow all guidelines.
The guidelines say;

3. Size
All submissions must be uploaded in the correct size. The size, in pixels, is 112 x 112. Heights and widths of emotes are not required to be exactly equal to this size, but they cannot surpass this size. Images uploaded must be scaled properly (no blurry, pixelated emotes).

Which from the text above tells me that you can send an image that is 112 x 90.
It is not the exact size: Check
It is not over the size: Check

But still it gives me an error about dimensions… Why I do not know as the guidelines text does not mention this.
Furthermore if this was an error it should have been stopped by frontend validation as not to use the users upload limit.
Now I am stuck waiting for another week to upload my emotes bacuse of a “bug” in the system and I still do not know what dimensions I can upload. So I guess it will be another try or fail next week again…

You really need to change/turn off the upload limit if you can’t exclude bugs like this.
And I guess you have no way of manually resetting the limit for users either…
I still don’t understand why there is a limit counting failed attempts at all?!

If you get an error about dimensions than the image is too small or too large. I found this link on Google which may assist you in finding the size of an image file: http://support2.constantcontact.com/articles/FAQ/1819

Minimum upload dimensions are 100x100, since your emote goes into the 90 pixel range it does not meet the dimension sizes and should be fixed.

Ok thank you for that clarification. That is an important part of the rules that is not communicated.
Normally I wouldn’t care to much, but as failed attempts are counted against the weekly limit you should update the following rule in this page:

https://manage.betterttv.net/emotes/new

Rule #3

-3. Size
All submissions must be uploaded in the correct size. The size, in pixels, is 112 x 112. Heights and widths of emotes are not required to be exactly equal to this size, but they cannot surpass this size. Images uploaded must be scaled properly (no blurry, pixelated emotes).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.